Force one exhibits skills at parade to mark 26/11 anniv
Mumbai: Marking the first anniversary of
the 26/11 terror attacks, Mumbai police today held a parade
here and paid homage to those killed in the audacious strikes.
Maharashtra`s counter terror unit, Force One, and
Quick Response Teams (QRT) were among various units of the
police force which participated in the parade that began from
the Nariman Point area, which is just a stone`s throw away
from south Mumbai`s Trident hotel, one of the places attacked
by the terrorists last year.
People also lit candles expressing their solidarity
with martyrs and victims of the terror strikes.
The Force One commandos exhibited their counter terror
skills by moving from multi-storeyed Trident hotel to
adjoining Air India building with the help of ropes.
Advanced and bulletproof armoured Anti-Terror vehicles
Rakshan and Marksman, Combat and Rapid Intervention vans and
new weaponry including AK-47s, Sub-machine guns, grenade
launchers, Colt M4 Flat-top carbines (5.56 mm), MP5 tactical
machine pistols and Barret M8 A1 long-range rifles procured
post 26/11 strikes were also displayed during the parade.
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister
Chhagan Bhujbal, Home Minister R R Patil, Mayor Shubha Raul,
Director General of Police A N Roy and Mumbai Police
Commissioner D Sivanandhan were present at the event.
The parade ended at Girguam-Chowpatty, 3.5 km from the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation