Foreigner kills himself by jumping off 17th floor of hotel in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 56-year-old photographer from New Zealand has allegedly committed suicide by jumping from the seventeenth floor room at Taj Lands hotel in suburban Bandra, police said on Tuesday.
The deceased, John Richard Brimley, allegedly ended life late last night, police said.
"Brimley had been depressed due to some personal reasons. He used to regularly consume sleeping pills. No suicide note was found," said an officer at Bandra police station.
Brimley had arrived in the city on May 9 for a project with about 20 to 25 other professionals, police said.
He was found on the basement floor around 11 pm yesterday by a watchman who informed the managerial staff, police said adding that Brimley was rushed to nearby Bhabha hospital, where he was declared dead.
His body was then taken to Cooper hospital for a post mortem, police said adding that the New Zealand embassy was informed.
There were no external injuries on his body, police said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rupee hits 1-week high of 67.08 vs USD, gains 9 paise
- Mohit Suri co-presents Pakistani artiste's new song
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?