Form policy on 100-year-old Bandra fair: HC
Mumbai: Putting to rest controversy over the arrangements being made by the Municipal Commissioner of Greater Mumbai on the occasion of "Bandra Fair", being held for the last more than 100 years, the Bombay High Court has asked him to formulate the draft policy for the September event and display the same on the civic body`s website.
"Whoever has any objection to the said draft policy, he may make representation to Municipal Commissioner or the Additional Municipal Commissioner setting out objections to the same," observed Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice Nitin Jamdar in their order on June 25.
Depending upon the exigencies prevailing from time to time, the Municipal Commissioner formulates the policy regarding arrangement to be made each year.
It will be open to the organisers of the fair, representatives of the hawkers, prospective candle stall holders and the residents in that area to make representations, the Judges said while hearing a petition filed by H-W Ward Citizens` Trust.
After taking into consideration the representations, the Municipal Commissioner/Additional Municipal Commissioner shall formulate final policy by August 4 and display the same on official website of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation, they ruled.
However, the judges made it clear that only written representations will be taken into consideration and there will be no need to give personal hearing.
Accordingly, the judges disposed of the petition with liberty to the Municipal Commissioner/Additional Municipal Commissioner to make appropriate arrangement on the occasion of the fair, which is to be held in or around September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah