Form policy on 100-year-old Bandra fair: HC
Mumbai: Putting to rest controversy over the arrangements being made by the Municipal Commissioner of Greater Mumbai on the occasion of "Bandra Fair", being held for the last more than 100 years, the Bombay High Court has asked him to formulate the draft policy for the September event and display the same on the civic body`s website.
"Whoever has any objection to the said draft policy, he may make representation to Municipal Commissioner or the Additional Municipal Commissioner setting out objections to the same," observed Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice Nitin Jamdar in their order on June 25.
Depending upon the exigencies prevailing from time to time, the Municipal Commissioner formulates the policy regarding arrangement to be made each year.
It will be open to the organisers of the fair, representatives of the hawkers, prospective candle stall holders and the residents in that area to make representations, the Judges said while hearing a petition filed by H-W Ward Citizens` Trust.
After taking into consideration the representations, the Municipal Commissioner/Additional Municipal Commissioner shall formulate final policy by August 4 and display the same on official website of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation, they ruled.
However, the judges made it clear that only written representations will be taken into consideration and there will be no need to give personal hearing.
Accordingly, the judges disposed of the petition with liberty to the Municipal Commissioner/Additional Municipal Commissioner to make appropriate arrangement on the occasion of the fair, which is to be held in or around September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state