Form policy on 100-year-old Bandra fair: HC
Mumbai: Putting to rest controversy over the arrangements being made by the Municipal Commissioner of Greater Mumbai on the occasion of "Bandra Fair", being held for the last more than 100 years, the Bombay High Court has asked him to formulate the draft policy for the September event and display the same on the civic body`s website.
"Whoever has any objection to the said draft policy, he may make representation to Municipal Commissioner or the Additional Municipal Commissioner setting out objections to the same," observed Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice Nitin Jamdar in their order on June 25.
Depending upon the exigencies prevailing from time to time, the Municipal Commissioner formulates the policy regarding arrangement to be made each year.
It will be open to the organisers of the fair, representatives of the hawkers, prospective candle stall holders and the residents in that area to make representations, the Judges said while hearing a petition filed by H-W Ward Citizens` Trust.
After taking into consideration the representations, the Municipal Commissioner/Additional Municipal Commissioner shall formulate final policy by August 4 and display the same on official website of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation, they ruled.
However, the judges made it clear that only written representations will be taken into consideration and there will be no need to give personal hearing.
Accordingly, the judges disposed of the petition with liberty to the Municipal Commissioner/Additional Municipal Commissioner to make appropriate arrangement on the occasion of the fair, which is to be held in or around September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof