Former Chhota Rajan aide gets police custody till Nov 22
Mumbai: A local court Friday remanded Prakash Pandey alias Bunty, alleged former sharp shooter of Chhota Rajan gang, to police custody till November 22 in connection with a 2008 firing case outside a hotel in south Mumbai.
Bunty (40), who has 34 cases registered against him in India, was hiding in different countries until he was arrested and deported from Vietnam on November 4.
Bunty, who was in police custody till today in an extortion case, was produced before a metropolitan magistrate`s court here which remanded him to judicial custody
in that case.
The police then sought his custody in the firing case. In January 2008, the watchman Bishweshwar Mandal of Shivsagar hotel in south Mumbai was shot dead by unidentified persons. According to the police, the owner of the hotel Prakash Shetty, who had received extortion calls, was the target.
"We need to find out who made the extortion calls to Shetty," the police argued while seeking Bunty`s custody.
According to the police, Bunty was staying in Hanoi in Vietnam under a fake name Vijay Subhash Sharma and was doing a business of labour supply for construction related jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?