Former Chhota Rajan aide gets police custody till Nov 22
Mumbai: A local court Friday remanded Prakash Pandey alias Bunty, alleged former sharp shooter of Chhota Rajan gang, to police custody till November 22 in connection with a 2008 firing case outside a hotel in south Mumbai.
Bunty (40), who has 34 cases registered against him in India, was hiding in different countries until he was arrested and deported from Vietnam on November 4.
Bunty, who was in police custody till today in an extortion case, was produced before a metropolitan magistrate`s court here which remanded him to judicial custody
in that case.
The police then sought his custody in the firing case. In January 2008, the watchman Bishweshwar Mandal of Shivsagar hotel in south Mumbai was shot dead by unidentified persons. According to the police, the owner of the hotel Prakash Shetty, who had received extortion calls, was the target.
"We need to find out who made the extortion calls to Shetty," the police argued while seeking Bunty`s custody.
According to the police, Bunty was staying in Hanoi in Vietnam under a fake name Vijay Subhash Sharma and was doing a business of labour supply for construction related jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family