Former IT officer gets five years in jail in bribery case
Mumbai: The special CBI court here on Thursday sentenced a former Income Tax Department officer to five years` rigours imprisonment in a bribery case.
Leeladhar Bangera, the accused, had been caught red-handed while accepting a bribe of 75,000 to settle a case involving penalty in April 2010.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 35,000 on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs