Former IT officer gets five years in jail in bribery case
Mumbai: The special CBI court here on Thursday sentenced a former Income Tax Department officer to five years` rigours imprisonment in a bribery case.
Leeladhar Bangera, the accused, had been caught red-handed while accepting a bribe of 75,000 to settle a case involving penalty in April 2010.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 35,000 on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders