Former IT officer gets five years in jail in bribery case
Mumbai: The special CBI court here on Thursday sentenced a former Income Tax Department officer to five years` rigours imprisonment in a bribery case.
Leeladhar Bangera, the accused, had been caught red-handed while accepting a bribe of 75,000 to settle a case involving penalty in April 2010.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 35,000 on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf