Former IT officer gets five years in jail in bribery case
Mumbai: The special CBI court here on Thursday sentenced a former Income Tax Department officer to five years` rigours imprisonment in a bribery case.
Leeladhar Bangera, the accused, had been caught red-handed while accepting a bribe of 75,000 to settle a case involving penalty in April 2010.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 35,000 on him.
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today