Former IT officer gets five years in jail in bribery case
Mumbai: The special CBI court here on Thursday sentenced a former Income Tax Department officer to five years` rigours imprisonment in a bribery case.
Leeladhar Bangera, the accused, had been caught red-handed while accepting a bribe of 75,000 to settle a case involving penalty in April 2010.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 35,000 on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states