Former Minister Ramu Patel passes away
Amravati: Former Maharashtra Minister and
tribal leader Ramu Patel passed away here today due to old age
related ailments, family sources said.
He was ill since the last few days and admitted to a
private hospital here where he died this afternoon.
Patel was 75 and leaves behind four sons.
Patel represented the tribals of Dharni Assembly
constituency for two consecutive terms from 1985 to 1995.
In 1985, he was elected unopposed while in 1990, he
won the election defeating Rajkumar Patel of BJP.
The popular tribal leader was Minister of State for
Forests in the Sudhakarrao Naik Ministry of the Congress.
Patel had settled in Amravati and resided in Congress
Nagar locality. He will be cremated tomorrow at Dharni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report