Former Minister Ramu Patel passes away
Amravati: Former Maharashtra Minister and
tribal leader Ramu Patel passed away here today due to old age
related ailments, family sources said.
He was ill since the last few days and admitted to a
private hospital here where he died this afternoon.
Patel was 75 and leaves behind four sons.
Patel represented the tribals of Dharni Assembly
constituency for two consecutive terms from 1985 to 1995.
In 1985, he was elected unopposed while in 1990, he
won the election defeating Rajkumar Patel of BJP.
The popular tribal leader was Minister of State for
Forests in the Sudhakarrao Naik Ministry of the Congress.
Patel had settled in Amravati and resided in Congress
Nagar locality. He will be cremated tomorrow at Dharni.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma