Former Minister Ramu Patel passes away
Amravati: Former Maharashtra Minister and
tribal leader Ramu Patel passed away here today due to old age
related ailments, family sources said.
He was ill since the last few days and admitted to a
private hospital here where he died this afternoon.
Patel was 75 and leaves behind four sons.
Patel represented the tribals of Dharni Assembly
constituency for two consecutive terms from 1985 to 1995.
In 1985, he was elected unopposed while in 1990, he
won the election defeating Rajkumar Patel of BJP.
The popular tribal leader was Minister of State for
Forests in the Sudhakarrao Naik Ministry of the Congress.
Patel had settled in Amravati and resided in Congress
Nagar locality. He will be cremated tomorrow at Dharni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali