Former MLA`s son booked in assault case
Beed: Son of a former MLA from Beed district in Maharashtra was on Sunday booked on the charge of attempt to murder after he allegedly hit an attendant at civil hospital where his father was admitted, police said.
Advocate Sangram Tupe was booked under sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty) among other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) after he assaulted male nurse Sham Dixit on duty at the district civil hospital, they said.
Police said the former legislator was rushed to the hospital this morning after he was reportedly bit by a snake.
Allegedly irked with delay in arrival of the duty doctor and Dixit`s reply, Tupe hit him on head with a wooden stick, police said.
"I joined duty in the morning. As Sangram Tupe asked me about arrival of duty doctor, I told him that the doctor was being informed. However, he suddenly hit me with the wooden stick," Dixit said.
Meanwhile, supporters of the ex-MLA accompanying him alleged that Sangram was roughed up by male nurses after he inquired about delay in arrival of the duty doctor following admission of his father in the medical ward.
Police said they have not made any arrest in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!