Former SIMI functionary slapped with MCOCA over Bhiwandi firing incident
Thane: Former SIMI functionary Saquib Nachan and four others were on Wednesday booked by police under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
The Bhiwandi Crime Branch produced Nachan and four others in the MCOCA court.
Saquib Nachan and his son Ismail and nephew Aquib are facing charges for the murderous assault on VHP leader from Bhiwandi, Manoj Raicha. Two others -- Guddu Khan and Tanvir Abdul Zabdir -- were also arrested in this case.
Nachan, an accused in the 2003 Mulund bomb blast, was arrested by police for allegedly firing at an advocate, also a Bajrang Dal office bearer, in Bhiwandi on August 3.
Police later registered a case under Sections 307, 120(b) of the IPC and also under Sections 3, 25 and 27 of the Arms Act against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey