Former SIMI functionary slapped with MCOCA over Bhiwandi firing incident
Thane: Former SIMI functionary Saquib Nachan and four others were on Wednesday booked by police under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
The Bhiwandi Crime Branch produced Nachan and four others in the MCOCA court.
Saquib Nachan and his son Ismail and nephew Aquib are facing charges for the murderous assault on VHP leader from Bhiwandi, Manoj Raicha. Two others -- Guddu Khan and Tanvir Abdul Zabdir -- were also arrested in this case.
Nachan, an accused in the 2003 Mulund bomb blast, was arrested by police for allegedly firing at an advocate, also a Bajrang Dal office bearer, in Bhiwandi on August 3.
Police later registered a case under Sections 307, 120(b) of the IPC and also under Sections 3, 25 and 27 of the Arms Act against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption