Former SIMI functionary slapped with MCOCA over Bhiwandi firing incident
Thane: Former SIMI functionary Saquib Nachan and four others were on Wednesday booked by police under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
The Bhiwandi Crime Branch produced Nachan and four others in the MCOCA court.
Saquib Nachan and his son Ismail and nephew Aquib are facing charges for the murderous assault on VHP leader from Bhiwandi, Manoj Raicha. Two others -- Guddu Khan and Tanvir Abdul Zabdir -- were also arrested in this case.
Nachan, an accused in the 2003 Mulund bomb blast, was arrested by police for allegedly firing at an advocate, also a Bajrang Dal office bearer, in Bhiwandi on August 3.
Police later registered a case under Sections 307, 120(b) of the IPC and also under Sections 3, 25 and 27 of the Arms Act against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley