Former SIMI functionary slapped with MCOCA over Bhiwandi firing incident
Thane: Former SIMI functionary Saquib Nachan and four others were on Wednesday booked by police under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
The Bhiwandi Crime Branch produced Nachan and four others in the MCOCA court.
Saquib Nachan and his son Ismail and nephew Aquib are facing charges for the murderous assault on VHP leader from Bhiwandi, Manoj Raicha. Two others -- Guddu Khan and Tanvir Abdul Zabdir -- were also arrested in this case.
Nachan, an accused in the 2003 Mulund bomb blast, was arrested by police for allegedly firing at an advocate, also a Bajrang Dal office bearer, in Bhiwandi on August 3.
Police later registered a case under Sections 307, 120(b) of the IPC and also under Sections 3, 25 and 27 of the Arms Act against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today
- Man dies in fire in Delhi's Hauz Khas
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch