Foundation invites application from girls for scholarships
Mumbai: Fair and Lovely Foundation has
invited applications from girls, hailing from economically
backward families but intent on pursuing higher education, for
its annual scholarship programme.
The scholarships, in its eighth year now, are given to
girls aspiring to complete their graduation, post-graduation
or PhD. The maximum limit paid per girl is Rs one lakh, a
release said here today.
Girls should have passed their secondary or higher
secondary examinations with an aggregate of over 60 per cent
to qualify for the financial aid. So far over 700 girls have
benefited through the programme.
"The aid is given to promising young girls, who have
the commitment and determination to make a difference in their
lives," said the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside