Foundation invites application from girls for scholarships
Mumbai: Fair and Lovely Foundation has
invited applications from girls, hailing from economically
backward families but intent on pursuing higher education, for
its annual scholarship programme.
The scholarships, in its eighth year now, are given to
girls aspiring to complete their graduation, post-graduation
or PhD. The maximum limit paid per girl is Rs one lakh, a
release said here today.
Girls should have passed their secondary or higher
secondary examinations with an aggregate of over 60 per cent
to qualify for the financial aid. So far over 700 girls have
benefited through the programme.
"The aid is given to promising young girls, who have
the commitment and determination to make a difference in their
lives," said the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official