Foundation invites application from girls for scholarships
Mumbai: Fair and Lovely Foundation has
invited applications from girls, hailing from economically
backward families but intent on pursuing higher education, for
its annual scholarship programme.
The scholarships, in its eighth year now, are given to
girls aspiring to complete their graduation, post-graduation
or PhD. The maximum limit paid per girl is Rs one lakh, a
release said here today.
Girls should have passed their secondary or higher
secondary examinations with an aggregate of over 60 per cent
to qualify for the financial aid. So far over 700 girls have
benefited through the programme.
"The aid is given to promising young girls, who have
the commitment and determination to make a difference in their
lives," said the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department