Foundation invites application from girls for scholarships
Mumbai: Fair and Lovely Foundation has
invited applications from girls, hailing from economically
backward families but intent on pursuing higher education, for
its annual scholarship programme.
The scholarships, in its eighth year now, are given to
girls aspiring to complete their graduation, post-graduation
or PhD. The maximum limit paid per girl is Rs one lakh, a
release said here today.
Girls should have passed their secondary or higher
secondary examinations with an aggregate of over 60 per cent
to qualify for the financial aid. So far over 700 girls have
benefited through the programme.
"The aid is given to promising young girls, who have
the commitment and determination to make a difference in their
lives," said the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire