Foundation invites application from girls for scholarships
Mumbai: Fair and Lovely Foundation has
invited applications from girls, hailing from economically
backward families but intent on pursuing higher education, for
its annual scholarship programme.
The scholarships, in its eighth year now, are given to
girls aspiring to complete their graduation, post-graduation
or PhD. The maximum limit paid per girl is Rs one lakh, a
release said here today.
Girls should have passed their secondary or higher
secondary examinations with an aggregate of over 60 per cent
to qualify for the financial aid. So far over 700 girls have
benefited through the programme.
"The aid is given to promising young girls, who have
the commitment and determination to make a difference in their
lives," said the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months