Four activists arrested for pouring ink on Jalgaon collector
Nashik: Zilla Peth police in Jalgaon arrested four people from the Maharashtra Adivasi Valmik Lavya Sena for pouring ink on Jalgaon Collector Gyaneshwar Rajurkar and damaging some of documents on his table here today.
The development came after the state government put on hold a request to issue caste certificates to the `tokari koli community.
A Maharashtra Adivasi Valmik Lavya Sena delegation headed by Mohan Shankhpal went to the collector`s office enquiring about the certificate today.
Some delegation members carried a hidden ink bottle with them and poured ink on Collector Gyaneshwar Rajurkar, Jalgaon Collectorate sources said.
Immediately after the incident, employees of the Jalgaon collector`s office began a `stop work` agitation in protest, while the Nashik District Gazetted Officers` Association announced that it plans similar agitations tomarrow in Jalgaon, Nashik, Dhule, Nandurbar and Ahmednagar, which come under the Nashik Revenue Division, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says