Four activists arrested for pouring ink on Jalgaon collector
Nashik: Zilla Peth police in Jalgaon arrested four people from the Maharashtra Adivasi Valmik Lavya Sena for pouring ink on Jalgaon Collector Gyaneshwar Rajurkar and damaging some of documents on his table here today.
The development came after the state government put on hold a request to issue caste certificates to the `tokari koli community.
A Maharashtra Adivasi Valmik Lavya Sena delegation headed by Mohan Shankhpal went to the collector`s office enquiring about the certificate today.
Some delegation members carried a hidden ink bottle with them and poured ink on Collector Gyaneshwar Rajurkar, Jalgaon Collectorate sources said.
Immediately after the incident, employees of the Jalgaon collector`s office began a `stop work` agitation in protest, while the Nashik District Gazetted Officers` Association announced that it plans similar agitations tomarrow in Jalgaon, Nashik, Dhule, Nandurbar and Ahmednagar, which come under the Nashik Revenue Division, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!