Four booked for sexually exploiting minor girl in Maharashtra
Jalgaon: Four persons have been booked for sexually exploiting a minor girl and one of them was on Tuesday detained here in North Maharashtra, police said.
Tukaram Tulshiram Koli, a resident of village Shemadda in the district, was detained this afternoon. He is also suspected of running a flesh trade racket, they said.
He established physical relationship with the 17-year- old victim after promising to help her father get a job. Later, three accomplices of Koli sexually exploited the teenager, who became pregnant, police said.
Koli was taking the girl to a clinic for abortion when he was taken into custody by police near Varangaon area.
Police claimed to have recovered several photos of girls and a list of customers, which included names of some prominent personalties in the area, from Koli. His cellphones have also been seized.
Besides Koli, the others named as accused in the case are Vijay Shirole, Babloo Ramesh Sapghare and Anupam Gosavi. All four have been booked under IPC Sections 376 (punishment for rape) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption