Four booked for sexually exploiting minor girl in Maharashtra
Jalgaon: Four persons have been booked for sexually exploiting a minor girl and one of them was on Tuesday detained here in North Maharashtra, police said.
Tukaram Tulshiram Koli, a resident of village Shemadda in the district, was detained this afternoon. He is also suspected of running a flesh trade racket, they said.
He established physical relationship with the 17-year- old victim after promising to help her father get a job. Later, three accomplices of Koli sexually exploited the teenager, who became pregnant, police said.
Koli was taking the girl to a clinic for abortion when he was taken into custody by police near Varangaon area.
Police claimed to have recovered several photos of girls and a list of customers, which included names of some prominent personalties in the area, from Koli. His cellphones have also been seized.
Besides Koli, the others named as accused in the case are Vijay Shirole, Babloo Ramesh Sapghare and Anupam Gosavi. All four have been booked under IPC Sections 376 (punishment for rape) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!