Four booked for sexually exploiting minor girl in Maharashtra
Jalgaon: Four persons have been booked for sexually exploiting a minor girl and one of them was on Tuesday detained here in North Maharashtra, police said.
Tukaram Tulshiram Koli, a resident of village Shemadda in the district, was detained this afternoon. He is also suspected of running a flesh trade racket, they said.
He established physical relationship with the 17-year- old victim after promising to help her father get a job. Later, three accomplices of Koli sexually exploited the teenager, who became pregnant, police said.
Koli was taking the girl to a clinic for abortion when he was taken into custody by police near Varangaon area.
Police claimed to have recovered several photos of girls and a list of customers, which included names of some prominent personalties in the area, from Koli. His cellphones have also been seized.
Besides Koli, the others named as accused in the case are Vijay Shirole, Babloo Ramesh Sapghare and Anupam Gosavi. All four have been booked under IPC Sections 376 (punishment for rape) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact