Four detained in Kaskar shootout case
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) detained four people on Tuesday in connection with the May 17 shootout in which underworld don Dawood Ibrahim’s brother Iqbal Kaskar’s driver was killed.
Talking to a leading newspaper, ATS chief Rakesh Maria confirmed that they have picked up four persons suspected to be involved in the killing of Arif Sayyed alias Bael at Pakmodia Street.
The ATS team had laid a trap and arrested four suspects at 4.30 pm and later, they handed over them to the Crime Branch at 7.00 pm.
The four arrested have been identified as Khayyum Sheikh, Ahmed Munshi, Sajid Sarvar Khan, Adnan Sayyed.
Maria said that while Khayyum is a resident of Mumbra, the other three reside at Teli Mohalla.
“All the four were involved in procurement of weapons, supplying them to the shooters, guiding them to Pakmodia Street and acting as watch guards during the attack,” he said.
However, Crime Branch sources insisted that three of them had no role in the case. Adnan probably had a limited role, which is yet to be investigated, they said.
The officials said that on the day of firing, the detained accused was present at the spot and he was assisting the shooters about the driver`s movement.
The officials also divulged that the killing had been approved by gangster Chhota Rajan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29