Four drug addicts arrested for student`s death near Sea link
Mumbai: Police on Sunday arrested four teenaged
drug addicts for allegedly stabbing to death a college student
and injuring his girl companion during a robbery near the
iconic Bandra-Worli Sea Link.
Riyaz Raees Khan, Saddam Mohiuddin Siqqique, Umer
Dadamiya Shaikh and Javed Feroz Choduadhary, aged about 19
and residents of Nargis Dutt Nagar slum in Bandra, were
arrested as they allegedly attacked the two college students
at an isolated location near the bridge last night.
"The four were arrested this afternoon. We have enough
evidence to prove their role in the attack," Deputy Police
Commissioner Prakash Mutyal said.
According to police, Rushabh Yadav (19) and his
teenaged girl companion, both studying in a college and
residing at the government colony in Bandra, were sitting at
an isolated location near the bridge last night when the four
teenagers approached them and asked them to hand over
valuables at knife-point.
Usually couples spend their leisure time during the
evening hours on the location where the incident occurred,
"When the four tried to snatch the bag and wallet, the
victims resisted. A fight ensued during which Rushabh and his
friend were injured by Riyaz, who was wielding the knife," the
The 19-year-old girl sustained injuries on her hand
while Rushabh was stabbed in the abdomen. He succumbed to
injuries this morning at the civic run Bhabha hospital, Mutyal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users