Four get 10-year imprisonment for raping teenage girl
Nashik: A local court has sentenced four youths to ten years of imprisonment for raping a teenage girl near temple town of Trimbakeshwar in the district.
Additional District and Sessions Court Judge HS Mahajan in his verdict delivered yesterday, held the four accused guilty of gangraping the girl and also imposed a fine of Rs 28,000 on each of them, public prosecutor Sudhir Kotwal said today.
According to the prosecutor the accused Ddattatreya Korade, Ganesh alias Manoj Paradeshi, Pintu Khoskar and Ramesh Zole--all residents of Trimbakeshwar--waylaid the victim, accompanied by her male friend, on Brahmagiri Road on March 15, 2012, and took turns to rape her.
They thrashed her friend and snatched her mobile phone and Rs 7,000 cash before dumping her.
The accused were picked up by police later after the victim`s family lodged the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today