Four get 10-year imprisonment for raping teenage girl
Nashik: A local court has sentenced four youths to ten years of imprisonment for raping a teenage girl near temple town of Trimbakeshwar in the district.
Additional District and Sessions Court Judge HS Mahajan in his verdict delivered yesterday, held the four accused guilty of gangraping the girl and also imposed a fine of Rs 28,000 on each of them, public prosecutor Sudhir Kotwal said today.
According to the prosecutor the accused Ddattatreya Korade, Ganesh alias Manoj Paradeshi, Pintu Khoskar and Ramesh Zole--all residents of Trimbakeshwar--waylaid the victim, accompanied by her male friend, on Brahmagiri Road on March 15, 2012, and took turns to rape her.
They thrashed her friend and snatched her mobile phone and Rs 7,000 cash before dumping her.
The accused were picked up by police later after the victim`s family lodged the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH