Four held for cheating bank of Rs six crore in Nagpur
Nagpur: Four persons have been arrested for allegedly duping a bank here to a tune of nearly Rs six crore by availing overdraft facilities, CBI said Wednesday.
The accused identified as Sanjay Jain, Kishore Chopde, Atul Mawade and Ramesh Bagde had availed credit limits from State Bank of Patiala`s Gandhibagh branch on the basis of
false documents and duped the bank from 2006 onwards, CBI SP Thomas John said.
They were arrested last night, he said.
The accused, all residents of Manewada in south city area, allegedly enclosed forged audited balance sheet showing inflated figures and suppressed the fact that their company was indeed a defaulter, CBI said.
Offences under relevant sections of the IPC and Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against them, John said.
CBI is also probing the role of two bank officials in the fraud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?