Four held for gang-raping pregnant housewife
Gondia: A 20-year-old pregnant woman was allegedly gang-raped by four persons in front of her husband in Chotta Gondia locality here, police said on Tuesday.
The victim and her husband was on their way back home from one of their relatives house last night when they were stopped by four youths near the Dr Ambedkar Library in the locality.
They beat up the woman`s husband and gang-raped her on the library premises, they said.
The youths had also looted their belongings after the incident.
Later, around 3 am at night, the couple somehow managed to reach Gondia City police station and lodged a complaint.
Taking swift action, the police arrested Vicky Radhelal Suryawanshi (21), Sonu alias Rishi Gulab Chandrikapure (25), Avinash Ravi Funde (23) and Nitin Ramesh Khadse (23).
During interrogation, all of them have confessed to their crimes.
An offence under Sections 376 (2)(G)(D), 341, 346, 394 and 34 has been registered against the youths, who were later produced in court, from where they were sent to police custody till August 14.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi