Four held for gang-raping pregnant housewife
Gondia: A 20-year-old pregnant woman was allegedly gang-raped by four persons in front of her husband in Chotta Gondia locality here, police said on Tuesday.
The victim and her husband was on their way back home from one of their relatives house last night when they were stopped by four youths near the Dr Ambedkar Library in the locality.
They beat up the woman`s husband and gang-raped her on the library premises, they said.
The youths had also looted their belongings after the incident.
Later, around 3 am at night, the couple somehow managed to reach Gondia City police station and lodged a complaint.
Taking swift action, the police arrested Vicky Radhelal Suryawanshi (21), Sonu alias Rishi Gulab Chandrikapure (25), Avinash Ravi Funde (23) and Nitin Ramesh Khadse (23).
During interrogation, all of them have confessed to their crimes.
An offence under Sections 376 (2)(G)(D), 341, 346, 394 and 34 has been registered against the youths, who were later produced in court, from where they were sent to police custody till August 14.
Further probes are on, police added.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Three detained by police
- WATCH: SHOCKING! When Ashish Nehra abused Mahendra Singh Dhoni for dropping Shahid Afridi's catch
- 58 weightlifters caught for doping last year: Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
- PM Modi wants BJP MPs, ministers to highlight govt's schemes like LPG coverage, electrification of villages
- Tibet govt-in-exile in Dharamsala unpopular among Tibetans: China