Four held in fake admission racket in Nagpur
Nagpur: Four persons were arrested and Rs 13 lakh cash and fake mark sheets recovered in an admission racket allegedly run by them in engineering and medical colleges, police said today.
The accused were running R S Academy and were allegedly providing fake certificates of Xavier`s International University, Goa and Xavier`s Senior Secondary School, Mumbai and providing students admission in engineering and medical colleges across the country, police said.
Yesterday, police raided their office in located in the posh Gokulpeth area of the city and seized some incriminating documents.
Investigation is on the find out whether the racket was being operated in UP, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh states, police said.
The accused in the case have been identified as Rohan Kumar, Ajay Kumar Singh, Chandrashekhar Lodhi and Rajshree Gajbhiye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog