Four industrial workers killed in explosion
Thane: Four industrial workers were killed and as many as 18 injured, two of them seriously in an explosion at a chemical factory in Boisar here, fire officials said Friday.
The mishap took place around 10.45 am at Aarti Drugs in Tarapur MIDC area after a nitrate reaction during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole, led to fumes resulting in the explosion of a chemical container, they said.
Fire Brigade and Revenue officials rushed to the spot and carried out rescue operations following which the injured were admitted to local hospital. Two of them who were critical have been shifted to KEM hospital in Mumbai, MIDC Fire officer B S Kapse said.
Two of the deceased have been identified as Pooja Wade and Pranit Patil. Two others were charred beyond recognition, he said.
The impact of the explosion was felt by residents in 10 km radius as asbestos sheets, glasses of nearby factories and homes were shattered.
The area near the factory has been cordoned off for security purposes. Police have registered a case of accidental death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users