Four industrial workers killed in explosion
Thane: Four industrial workers were killed and as many as 18 injured, two of them seriously in an explosion at a chemical factory in Boisar here, fire officials said Friday.
The mishap took place around 10.45 am at Aarti Drugs in Tarapur MIDC area after a nitrate reaction during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole, led to fumes resulting in the explosion of a chemical container, they said.
Fire Brigade and Revenue officials rushed to the spot and carried out rescue operations following which the injured were admitted to local hospital. Two of them who were critical have been shifted to KEM hospital in Mumbai, MIDC Fire officer B S Kapse said.
Two of the deceased have been identified as Pooja Wade and Pranit Patil. Two others were charred beyond recognition, he said.
The impact of the explosion was felt by residents in 10 km radius as asbestos sheets, glasses of nearby factories and homes were shattered.
The area near the factory has been cordoned off for security purposes. Police have registered a case of accidental death.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years
- Kolkata wears forlorn look on poll day, less traffic on street
- Seven silent culprits of hair loss!
- Mumbai civic body workers have offered to pay my fine: Kanhaiya Kumar