Four industrial workers killed in explosion
Thane: Four industrial workers were killed and as many as 18 injured, two of them seriously in an explosion at a chemical factory in Boisar here, fire officials said Friday.
The mishap took place around 10.45 am at Aarti Drugs in Tarapur MIDC area after a nitrate reaction during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole, led to fumes resulting in the explosion of a chemical container, they said.
Fire Brigade and Revenue officials rushed to the spot and carried out rescue operations following which the injured were admitted to local hospital. Two of them who were critical have been shifted to KEM hospital in Mumbai, MIDC Fire officer B S Kapse said.
Two of the deceased have been identified as Pooja Wade and Pranit Patil. Two others were charred beyond recognition, he said.
The impact of the explosion was felt by residents in 10 km radius as asbestos sheets, glasses of nearby factories and homes were shattered.
The area near the factory has been cordoned off for security purposes. Police have registered a case of accidental death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!