Four killed, 17 injured in cylinder blast
Mumbai: Four persons were killed and 17 others injured in a gas cylinder blast in adjoining Thane district tonight, police said.
The blast took place in a store room stocked with cylinders behind a hotel located near Virar railway station. Four persons were killed and 17 injured in the explosion, they said.
The cause of the explosion was not yet known, police said, adding that the injured had been admitted to Sanjeevani Hospital in Virar, a far western suburb of Mumbai.
Police suspect that cylinders had been illegally stored in the room and a probe is being carried out in the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary