Four killed, 17 injured in cylinder blast
Mumbai: Four persons were killed and 17 others injured in a gas cylinder blast in adjoining Thane district tonight, police said.
The blast took place in a store room stocked with cylinders behind a hotel located near Virar railway station. Four persons were killed and 17 injured in the explosion, they said.
The cause of the explosion was not yet known, police said, adding that the injured had been admitted to Sanjeevani Hospital in Virar, a far western suburb of Mumbai.
Police suspect that cylinders had been illegally stored in the room and a probe is being carried out in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?