Four killed, 17 injured in cylinder blast
Mumbai: Four persons were killed and 17 others injured in a gas cylinder blast in adjoining Thane district tonight, police said.
The blast took place in a store room stocked with cylinders behind a hotel located near Virar railway station. Four persons were killed and 17 injured in the explosion, they said.
The cause of the explosion was not yet known, police said, adding that the injured had been admitted to Sanjeevani Hospital in Virar, a far western suburb of Mumbai.
Police suspect that cylinders had been illegally stored in the room and a probe is being carried out in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured