Four killed, 17 injured in cylinder blast
Mumbai: Four persons were killed and 17 others injured in a gas cylinder blast in adjoining Thane district tonight, police said.
The blast took place in a store room stocked with cylinders behind a hotel located near Virar railway station. Four persons were killed and 17 injured in the explosion, they said.
The cause of the explosion was not yet known, police said, adding that the injured had been admitted to Sanjeevani Hospital in Virar, a far western suburb of Mumbai.
Police suspect that cylinders had been illegally stored in the room and a probe is being carried out in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days