Four killed in workshop blast in Maharashtra
Aurangabad (Mah): Four persons, including a three-year-old boy, were killed and as many others seriously injured in an explosion at a workshop here, police said on Monday.
Power supply in Basheer Nagar area has been disrupted following the explosion at the fabrication workshop , Commissioner of Police Sanjay Kumar said.
A blast in a gas cylinder was suspected to be the cause of the mishap, but police said it was yet to be confirmed.
The walls of the workshop were severely damaged because of the blast and the place was sealed owing to fear that its walls may collapse, Kumar said.
The deceased have been identified as - Shaikh Rafiq Ahmed (30), Khan Majeed Hayat (52), Shaikh Muzaffar Ahmed (22) and Shahzad Siraj Khan (3).
The injured have been admitted to Government Medical College and Hospital.
The deceased belonged to Bihar and were employees at the workshop.
Police said two persons, including the owner of the workshop, died on the spot while two others succumbed during treatment at a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why