Four of family hurt in ceiling collapse in Thane
Thane: Four members of a family, including two children, were injured when the ceiling of their house collapsed in Mumbra township of Thane district Wednesday morning.
While the family members were sitting in a room of their house in a building on third floor at Zarina Compound in Mumbra, a plaster of the ceiling collapsed on them, Thane civic body`s Regional Disaster Management Cell officer Santosh Kadam said.
The four injured, including a two-and-half year old boy and a seven-year-old girl, have been admitted to a local hospital, he said.
The incidents of wall and building collapse have been on a rise following heavy rains in Thane during the last few days, he said.
On Monday, a portion of a wall at an ashram school in Thane`s Wada taluka had collapsed in which five students sustained injuries.
On July 22, more than 20 children were injured when the ceiling of a civic school building had crashed on them in Bhiwandi town of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate