Four of family hurt in ceiling collapse in Thane
Thane: Four members of a family, including two children, were injured when the ceiling of their house collapsed in Mumbra township of Thane district Wednesday morning.
While the family members were sitting in a room of their house in a building on third floor at Zarina Compound in Mumbra, a plaster of the ceiling collapsed on them, Thane civic body`s Regional Disaster Management Cell officer Santosh Kadam said.
The four injured, including a two-and-half year old boy and a seven-year-old girl, have been admitted to a local hospital, he said.
The incidents of wall and building collapse have been on a rise following heavy rains in Thane during the last few days, he said.
On Monday, a portion of a wall at an ashram school in Thane`s Wada taluka had collapsed in which five students sustained injuries.
On July 22, more than 20 children were injured when the ceiling of a civic school building had crashed on them in Bhiwandi town of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Bus falls into ditch in Bihar's Nawada, 28 injured
- Pullela Gopichand is good, but we will find a better coach for PV Sindhu: Telangana deputy CM Mohammed Mahmood Ali
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth