Four oil company staff booked for molesting woman colleague
Nagpur: Four employees of a PSU here have been booked for allegedly abusing and molesting a young woman in their office, police said on Wednesday.
The accused -- Devashish Patnaik, Arvind Raje, Balaram Goyal and Mukesh Prasad -- employed with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) allegedly misbehaved with the woman between November 1, 2011 till March 8 earlier this month, police said.
The woman, in her complaint, said the four misbehaved with her when she was asked to visit in connection with employment at their office on Nagpur-Jabalpur National Highway near LIC Square in Sadar area here.
She lodged a complaint with Sadar police last night and a case was registered against the four persons under relevant sections of the IPC, police said.
Offence under section of SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act was also slapped on them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway