Four oil company staff booked for molesting woman colleague
Nagpur: Four employees of a PSU here have been booked for allegedly abusing and molesting a young woman in their office, police said on Wednesday.
The accused -- Devashish Patnaik, Arvind Raje, Balaram Goyal and Mukesh Prasad -- employed with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) allegedly misbehaved with the woman between November 1, 2011 till March 8 earlier this month, police said.
The woman, in her complaint, said the four misbehaved with her when she was asked to visit in connection with employment at their office on Nagpur-Jabalpur National Highway near LIC Square in Sadar area here.
She lodged a complaint with Sadar police last night and a case was registered against the four persons under relevant sections of the IPC, police said.
Offence under section of SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act was also slapped on them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday