Four-storey building caves in Nagpur, many trapped
Nagpur: Seven labourers were injured when a four-storey building housing a small scale industrial unit Monday night collapsed in Chikhli area on the city outskirts at
Kalamna where rescue operations are in full swing to extricate a number of persons feared trapped under the debris, police said.
The dilapidated building housing a cold storage plant caved in in the evening following which labourers working there were trapped under the rubble, they said, adding seven workers have so far been rescued and being rushed to Mayo
The identity of the injured has not been established yet.
According to police, due to the impact, the plant machinery suffered an extensive damage resulting into the leakage of Ammonium and Carbon dioxide gases causing brief panic in the nearby residential areas.
Many of the residents complained of uneasiness and irritation of eyes due to the leakage which is brought under control, they said.
Power supply was disrupted in the area post collapse and fire brigade and police teams have launched massive rescue operations, added police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family