Four-storey building caves in Nagpur, many trapped
Nagpur: Seven labourers were injured when a four-storey building housing a small scale industrial unit Monday night collapsed in Chikhli area on the city outskirts at
Kalamna where rescue operations are in full swing to extricate a number of persons feared trapped under the debris, police said.
The dilapidated building housing a cold storage plant caved in in the evening following which labourers working there were trapped under the rubble, they said, adding seven workers have so far been rescued and being rushed to Mayo
The identity of the injured has not been established yet.
According to police, due to the impact, the plant machinery suffered an extensive damage resulting into the leakage of Ammonium and Carbon dioxide gases causing brief panic in the nearby residential areas.
Many of the residents complained of uneasiness and irritation of eyes due to the leakage which is brought under control, they said.
Power supply was disrupted in the area post collapse and fire brigade and police teams have launched massive rescue operations, added police.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today