Four-storey building caves in Nagpur, many trapped
Nagpur: Seven labourers were injured when a four-storey building housing a small scale industrial unit Monday night collapsed in Chikhli area on the city outskirts at
Kalamna where rescue operations are in full swing to extricate a number of persons feared trapped under the debris, police said.
The dilapidated building housing a cold storage plant caved in in the evening following which labourers working there were trapped under the rubble, they said, adding seven workers have so far been rescued and being rushed to Mayo
The identity of the injured has not been established yet.
According to police, due to the impact, the plant machinery suffered an extensive damage resulting into the leakage of Ammonium and Carbon dioxide gases causing brief panic in the nearby residential areas.
Many of the residents complained of uneasiness and irritation of eyes due to the leakage which is brought under control, they said.
Power supply was disrupted in the area post collapse and fire brigade and police teams have launched massive rescue operations, added police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'