Four-storey building caves in Nagpur, many trapped
Nagpur: Seven labourers were injured when a four-storey building housing a small scale industrial unit Monday night collapsed in Chikhli area on the city outskirts at
Kalamna where rescue operations are in full swing to extricate a number of persons feared trapped under the debris, police said.
The dilapidated building housing a cold storage plant caved in in the evening following which labourers working there were trapped under the rubble, they said, adding seven workers have so far been rescued and being rushed to Mayo
The identity of the injured has not been established yet.
According to police, due to the impact, the plant machinery suffered an extensive damage resulting into the leakage of Ammonium and Carbon dioxide gases causing brief panic in the nearby residential areas.
Many of the residents complained of uneasiness and irritation of eyes due to the leakage which is brought under control, they said.
Power supply was disrupted in the area post collapse and fire brigade and police teams have launched massive rescue operations, added police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days