Four-storey building caves in Nagpur, many trapped
Nagpur: Seven labourers were injured when a four-storey building housing a small scale industrial unit Monday night collapsed in Chikhli area on the city outskirts at
Kalamna where rescue operations are in full swing to extricate a number of persons feared trapped under the debris, police said.
The dilapidated building housing a cold storage plant caved in in the evening following which labourers working there were trapped under the rubble, they said, adding seven workers have so far been rescued and being rushed to Mayo
The identity of the injured has not been established yet.
According to police, due to the impact, the plant machinery suffered an extensive damage resulting into the leakage of Ammonium and Carbon dioxide gases causing brief panic in the nearby residential areas.
Many of the residents complained of uneasiness and irritation of eyes due to the leakage which is brought under control, they said.
Power supply was disrupted in the area post collapse and fire brigade and police teams have launched massive rescue operations, added police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered