Four-year-old raped; auto rickshaw driver held
Mumbai: A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped at Dombivali in neighbouring Thane district, by an auto rickshaw driver, who used to ferry her to school, police said Thursday.
The incident came to light after the victim`s parents filed a police complaint in this connection yesterday following which accused Rajesh Vamne was arrested last night.
He has been booked under various sections of IPC for rape, unnatural offence, assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty of woman and causing her hurt, they said.
Vamne will be produced before a Kalyan court today, police said.
The sexual abuse occurred on November 27 when Vamne picked
up the minor girl from her school to drop her home in his auto rickshaw. Instead of taking her home, Vamne took the girl to his house and allegedly raped her. The minor was told not reveal this to anyone at home, police said.
However on reaching home, she cried and narrated the incident to her parents. Initially, they did not register a complaint for fear of disgrace, but yesterday decided to inform the police, which picked up Vamne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog