Four-year-old raped; auto rickshaw driver held
Mumbai: A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped at Dombivali in neighbouring Thane district, by an auto rickshaw driver, who used to ferry her to school, police said Thursday.
The incident came to light after the victim`s parents filed a police complaint in this connection yesterday following which accused Rajesh Vamne was arrested last night.
He has been booked under various sections of IPC for rape, unnatural offence, assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty of woman and causing her hurt, they said.
Vamne will be produced before a Kalyan court today, police said.
The sexual abuse occurred on November 27 when Vamne picked
up the minor girl from her school to drop her home in his auto rickshaw. Instead of taking her home, Vamne took the girl to his house and allegedly raped her. The minor was told not reveal this to anyone at home, police said.
However on reaching home, she cried and narrated the incident to her parents. Initially, they did not register a complaint for fear of disgrace, but yesterday decided to inform the police, which picked up Vamne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat