French consultant roped in for Mumbai CST makeover
Nagpur: A French consultant has been
roped in to draw up a blueprint to transform Mumbai`s
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) into a world-class station,
a top Central Railway (CR) official said today.
"A French consultant has been appointed to create
world-class facilities at CST. The consultant is drawing up a
blueprint of the project," Kul Bhushan, General Manager, CR,
told reporters here.
He did not identify the consultant.
All over the world, railway stations are a hub of
commercial activities, which generate large revenue. Mumbai
CST will be developed on the same pattern, he said.
Bhushan, however, did not specify the timeframe or the
proposed budget for the CST makeover.
CR was working on separate plans for Mumbai CST main
and suburban lines. These include widening of platforms to
accommodate 26-coach trains on the long-distance section,
Central Railway will pick up Nagpur as the next
destination for commercial exploitation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video