French consultant roped in for Mumbai CST makeover
Nagpur: A French consultant has been
roped in to draw up a blueprint to transform Mumbai`s
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) into a world-class station,
a top Central Railway (CR) official said today.
"A French consultant has been appointed to create
world-class facilities at CST. The consultant is drawing up a
blueprint of the project," Kul Bhushan, General Manager, CR,
told reporters here.
He did not identify the consultant.
All over the world, railway stations are a hub of
commercial activities, which generate large revenue. Mumbai
CST will be developed on the same pattern, he said.
Bhushan, however, did not specify the timeframe or the
proposed budget for the CST makeover.
CR was working on separate plans for Mumbai CST main
and suburban lines. These include widening of platforms to
accommodate 26-coach trains on the long-distance section,
Central Railway will pick up Nagpur as the next
destination for commercial exploitation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred