French consultant roped in for Mumbai CST makeover
Nagpur: A French consultant has been
roped in to draw up a blueprint to transform Mumbai`s
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) into a world-class station,
a top Central Railway (CR) official said today.
"A French consultant has been appointed to create
world-class facilities at CST. The consultant is drawing up a
blueprint of the project," Kul Bhushan, General Manager, CR,
told reporters here.
He did not identify the consultant.
All over the world, railway stations are a hub of
commercial activities, which generate large revenue. Mumbai
CST will be developed on the same pattern, he said.
Bhushan, however, did not specify the timeframe or the
proposed budget for the CST makeover.
CR was working on separate plans for Mumbai CST main
and suburban lines. These include widening of platforms to
accommodate 26-coach trains on the long-distance section,
Central Railway will pick up Nagpur as the next
destination for commercial exploitation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’