Fresh FIR filed against TDP men for assaulting policemen
Mumbai: A fresh FIR was on Tuesday registered
against some of the arrested Telugu Desham Party (TDP) leaders
and workers after they allegedly assaulted policemen at
Dharmadabad in Maharashtra`s Nanded district.
"When police asked arrested TDP men to get into a van for
taking them to Aurangabad jail this morning, some of them
assaulted 10 policemen," Maharashtra Additional Director
General K P Raghuvanshi (Law and Order) told reporters here.
"A Deputy Superintendent, an Inspector and eight
Constables were assaulted. The Deputy Superintendent suffered
head injury. A fresh FIR was then registered at Dharmadabad
"Those who manhandled the policemen are yet to be
identified but they are among the arrested TDP men," he said.
They have been booked under IPC Sections 353 (assault
or use of criminal force to deter public servant from
discharge of his duty) and 333 (voluntarily causing grievous
hurt to deter public servant from his duty).
However, when asked if the case figures among the slew
of charges Maharashtra government had withdrawn against the
TDP leaders, Raghuvanshi said he would have verify this.
A total 66 TDP leaders and workers, including party
chief N Chandrababu Naidu, MPs and MLAs, were arrested on July
16 for violating prohibitory orders. Naidu and his supporters,
who crossed over to Maharashtra, were insisting on inspecting
the controversial Babhli barrage site in Nanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day