Fresh FIR filed against TDP men for assaulting policemen
Mumbai: A fresh FIR was on Tuesday registered
against some of the arrested Telugu Desham Party (TDP) leaders
and workers after they allegedly assaulted policemen at
Dharmadabad in Maharashtra`s Nanded district.
"When police asked arrested TDP men to get into a van for
taking them to Aurangabad jail this morning, some of them
assaulted 10 policemen," Maharashtra Additional Director
General K P Raghuvanshi (Law and Order) told reporters here.
"A Deputy Superintendent, an Inspector and eight
Constables were assaulted. The Deputy Superintendent suffered
head injury. A fresh FIR was then registered at Dharmadabad
"Those who manhandled the policemen are yet to be
identified but they are among the arrested TDP men," he said.
They have been booked under IPC Sections 353 (assault
or use of criminal force to deter public servant from
discharge of his duty) and 333 (voluntarily causing grievous
hurt to deter public servant from his duty).
However, when asked if the case figures among the slew
of charges Maharashtra government had withdrawn against the
TDP leaders, Raghuvanshi said he would have verify this.
A total 66 TDP leaders and workers, including party
chief N Chandrababu Naidu, MPs and MLAs, were arrested on July
16 for violating prohibitory orders. Naidu and his supporters,
who crossed over to Maharashtra, were insisting on inspecting
the controversial Babhli barrage site in Nanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!