Fulfill promises for Vidarbha dev: Deshmukh
Nagpur: Former Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee president Ranjeet Deshmukh has criticised the state leadership for ignoring the development of Vidarbha.
Criticising the grand centenary celebrations for the first chief minister of Maharashtra, Yeshwantrao Chavan, Deshmukh said development of Vidarbha and fulfillment of promises made to people of the region would be a befitting tribute to the late leader, according to a release issued here.
When Maharashtra was carved out in 1960 and Vidarbha was merged in it, the state leadership entered into a pact - the `Nagpur agreement` for taking several steps towards all round development of Vidarbha region, he reminded.
Overall development of Vidarbha, second capital status to Nagpur, shifting of 16 important state offices from Pune to Nagpur were some of the major issues in the 11-point agreement, he mentioned.
But today, Vidarbha is a picture of neglect with fiscal backlog running into Rs 70,000 crores, he regretted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands