FYJC first merit list released; second list on July 9
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The first general merit list for online admissions to First Year Junior College (FYJC) was announced on Wednesday.
Increasing popularity of Arts stream raised cut-offs between 1-6%. Meanwhile, the cut-offs for Commerce stream witnessed a marginal hike.
As per officials from the deputy director’s office, the high cut-off was because of the fact that about 41,000 students got over 90 percent marks in the SSC results that were declared on June 17.
Altogether, 1.76 lakh students were allotted seats in the first round.
Top science colleges like Ruia, Ruparel and Sathaye College had a cut-off of 93 percent. Top commerce colleges like Jaihind, KC and Podar College had cut-offs in the range of 91-92 percent. Arts colleges` cut-offs were between 89-90 percent.
The second merit list, which will be announced on July 9, is expected to stabilise the high cut-offs.
Students who have made it to the first merit list should visit the colleges on July 3, 4 and 5 up to 3 pm in a bid to secure provisional admission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?