Gadchiroli cut off from nearby areas, roads floode
Nagpur: Most parts of Naxal-affected Gadchiroli district was cut off from adjoining areas due to flooded roads owing to the overflowing Vainganga river, police said on Monday.
The Ashti-Chandrapur road, Bhamragarh-Alapalli road were closed for vehicular traffic after water levels in Vainganga and Parnkota river crossed the danger mark.
Similarly Gadchiroli`s Katahni river was also in spate and affected road traffic. Armori-Wairagarg road was closed too as Khobragadi river was overflowing, police added.
Yesterday`s heavy downpour affected some parts in eastern and southern parts of Vidarbha region, particularly Bhiwapur in Nagpur district and places in Umrer and part of Chandrapur, official sources said.
The water had receded in Bhawapur and affected families were shifted to safer places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?