Gadchiroli cut off from nearby areas, roads floode
Nagpur: Most parts of Naxal-affected Gadchiroli district was cut off from adjoining areas due to flooded roads owing to the overflowing Vainganga river, police said on Monday.
The Ashti-Chandrapur road, Bhamragarh-Alapalli road were closed for vehicular traffic after water levels in Vainganga and Parnkota river crossed the danger mark.
Similarly Gadchiroli`s Katahni river was also in spate and affected road traffic. Armori-Wairagarg road was closed too as Khobragadi river was overflowing, police added.
Yesterday`s heavy downpour affected some parts in eastern and southern parts of Vidarbha region, particularly Bhiwapur in Nagpur district and places in Umrer and part of Chandrapur, official sources said.
The water had receded in Bhawapur and affected families were shifted to safer places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof