Gadchiroli cut off from nearby areas, roads floode
Nagpur: Most parts of Naxal-affected Gadchiroli district was cut off from adjoining areas due to flooded roads owing to the overflowing Vainganga river, police said on Monday.
The Ashti-Chandrapur road, Bhamragarh-Alapalli road were closed for vehicular traffic after water levels in Vainganga and Parnkota river crossed the danger mark.
Similarly Gadchiroli`s Katahni river was also in spate and affected road traffic. Armori-Wairagarg road was closed too as Khobragadi river was overflowing, police added.
Yesterday`s heavy downpour affected some parts in eastern and southern parts of Vidarbha region, particularly Bhiwapur in Nagpur district and places in Umrer and part of Chandrapur, official sources said.
The water had receded in Bhawapur and affected families were shifted to safer places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered