Gadchiroli: Three abducted by Naxals
Gadchiroli: Three village heads from the district were abducted by a group of Naxals on Saturday night.
Mehtarsing Usendi, former deputy chairman of Dhanor Panchayat Samiti, Jawaharlal Lediya, Sarpanch of Murumgaon and Murraji Halami, Sarpanch of Pannamara were abducted last night, according to reports reaching here on Sunday.
While abduction of Usendi was confirmed by the police, the abduction of the other two was not confirmed by them but sources here maintained that the two were also taken away by the Naxals.
According to reports, the Naxals first abducted Usendi and Lediya from their residences at Murumgaon and then picked up Halami from Pannamara at around 8.30 pm last night.
The Naxals have so far not made any demand in return for the release of the three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!