Gadchiroli: Three abducted by Naxals
Gadchiroli: Three village heads from the district were abducted by a group of Naxals on Saturday night.
Mehtarsing Usendi, former deputy chairman of Dhanor Panchayat Samiti, Jawaharlal Lediya, Sarpanch of Murumgaon and Murraji Halami, Sarpanch of Pannamara were abducted last night, according to reports reaching here on Sunday.
While abduction of Usendi was confirmed by the police, the abduction of the other two was not confirmed by them but sources here maintained that the two were also taken away by the Naxals.
According to reports, the Naxals first abducted Usendi and Lediya from their residences at Murumgaon and then picked up Halami from Pannamara at around 8.30 pm last night.
The Naxals have so far not made any demand in return for the release of the three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people