Gadkari praises Lavasa Project
Pune: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Thursday had
a word of appreciation for the controversial Lavasa Township
project of HCC, saying it had generated employment.
"I do not want to enter into the controversy as to who
started Lavasa project and how it was done. But it has created
employment for 20,000 people. I have seen and studied it," he
said at a function here.
Lots of people visit Lavasa as a tourist spot, Gadkari
added, stressing tourism potential of the hill city project
which is in the Pune district.
Union Ministry of Environment and Forests, last year, had
stayed constructions at the project citing violation of
environmental norms, but yesterday it gave nod to its first
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump