Gadkari praises Lavasa Project
Pune: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Thursday had
a word of appreciation for the controversial Lavasa Township
project of HCC, saying it had generated employment.
"I do not want to enter into the controversy as to who
started Lavasa project and how it was done. But it has created
employment for 20,000 people. I have seen and studied it," he
said at a function here.
Lots of people visit Lavasa as a tourist spot, Gadkari
added, stressing tourism potential of the hill city project
which is in the Pune district.
Union Ministry of Environment and Forests, last year, had
stayed constructions at the project citing violation of
environmental norms, but yesterday it gave nod to its first
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS