Gadkari refutes Hazare`s allegations regarding sugar factories
Mumbai: BJP leader Nitin Gadkari on Friday refuted the allegations by social activist Anna Hazare in connection with auctions of cooperative sugar factories in Maharashtra.
Hazare and fellow activist Medha Patkar have alleged that some politicians bought up distressed cooperative factories cheap via auctions, thus shortchanging the sugarcane farmers who are original shareholders.
They had named Gadkari alongwith a few Congress and NCP leaders.
"We had issued a public notice thrice in the newspapers. The sugar factory which we purchased was a dead asset. By bidding at the highest rate we had purchased that factory in auction. Hazare`s allegations are baseless," Gadkari told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie