Gadkari refutes Hazare`s allegations regarding sugar factories
Mumbai: BJP leader Nitin Gadkari on Friday refuted the allegations by social activist Anna Hazare in connection with auctions of cooperative sugar factories in Maharashtra.
Hazare and fellow activist Medha Patkar have alleged that some politicians bought up distressed cooperative factories cheap via auctions, thus shortchanging the sugarcane farmers who are original shareholders.
They had named Gadkari alongwith a few Congress and NCP leaders.
"We had issued a public notice thrice in the newspapers. The sugar factory which we purchased was a dead asset. By bidding at the highest rate we had purchased that factory in auction. Hazare`s allegations are baseless," Gadkari told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29