Gadkari refutes Hazare`s allegations regarding sugar factories
Mumbai: BJP leader Nitin Gadkari on Friday refuted the allegations by social activist Anna Hazare in connection with auctions of cooperative sugar factories in Maharashtra.
Hazare and fellow activist Medha Patkar have alleged that some politicians bought up distressed cooperative factories cheap via auctions, thus shortchanging the sugarcane farmers who are original shareholders.
They had named Gadkari alongwith a few Congress and NCP leaders.
"We had issued a public notice thrice in the newspapers. The sugar factory which we purchased was a dead asset. By bidding at the highest rate we had purchased that factory in auction. Hazare`s allegations are baseless," Gadkari told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed