`Gandhi for Tomorrow` theme park at Sewagram
Nagpur: The Sewagram Ashram in neighbouring Wardha district where Mahatma Gandhi stayed for six years after the Dandi March, is all set to become a major tourist attraction with a `Gandhi for Tomorrow` theme park being developed there at an estimated cost of Rs 62 crore.
The major attraction of `Gandhi for Tomorrow` is an international convention centre worth Rs 95 crore. This will be an appropriate memorial when the place is celebrating 75 years of Gandhiji`s stay in the area here, Wardha District Collector Nawin Sona said.
He said the district administration was in the process of acquiring 10 acres of land for the theme park and the Maharashtra government has already released Rs 1.2 crores from the budgeted funds.
The theme park will depict that Gandhi was in favour of appropriate technology and not against technology.
The state government will be spending a total of Rs 537 crores for developing Sewagarm, Paunar (from where Bhoodan leader Acharya Vinoba Bhave launched his land agitation) and the Wardha township, along with other projects including centres for science and local artisans, the Collector said.
A total of 27 places will be developed including a `heritage walk` route, he said.
Minister of State for Finance and district Guardian minister Rajendra Mulak, who is monitoring the project, said the convention centre will include an auditorium and study centre for those keen to learn Gandhian thoughts along with hostel facility etc.
Besides, Gandhian arts, culture and technology will also be developed, he said.
Plans are also afoot for a four-lane Nagpur-Wardha road `Ahinsa Marg` which connects Sewagram.
The Sewagram Ashram will remain untouched and its adjoining land is being acquired to develop these world class facilities, Mulak added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog