Gangster Abu Salem shot inside Taloja prison, injured
Mumbai: Gangster Abu Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was on Thursday attacked inside Taloja Central Jail in neighbouring Navi Mumbai, police said.
According to police, Salem was shot by Devendra Jagtap, an accused in the advocate Shahid Azmi murder case.
Salem sustained injury to his hand as Jagtap fired one round.
This is the second attack on Salem inside a jail after he was deported from Portugal in 2005. He had faced attack at the Arthur Road jail here in 2010.
The incident took place at about 8.30 this evening, police said, adding that they were also probing how a firearm reached Jagtap inside the prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi