Gangster Abu Salem shot inside Taloja prison, injured
Mumbai: Gangster Abu Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was on Thursday attacked inside Taloja Central Jail in neighbouring Navi Mumbai, police said.
According to police, Salem was shot by Devendra Jagtap, an accused in the advocate Shahid Azmi murder case.
Salem sustained injury to his hand as Jagtap fired one round.
This is the second attack on Salem inside a jail after he was deported from Portugal in 2005. He had faced attack at the Arthur Road jail here in 2010.
The incident took place at about 8.30 this evening, police said, adding that they were also probing how a firearm reached Jagtap inside the prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security