Gangster Abu Salem shot inside Taloja prison, injured
Mumbai: Gangster Abu Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was on Thursday attacked inside Taloja Central Jail in neighbouring Navi Mumbai, police said.
According to police, Salem was shot by Devendra Jagtap, an accused in the advocate Shahid Azmi murder case.
Salem sustained injury to his hand as Jagtap fired one round.
This is the second attack on Salem inside a jail after he was deported from Portugal in 2005. He had faced attack at the Arthur Road jail here in 2010.
The incident took place at about 8.30 this evening, police said, adding that they were also probing how a firearm reached Jagtap inside the prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32