Gangster Ravi Pujari`s associate held
Thane: An aide of dreaded gangster Ravi
Pujari, who is an accused in the murder of a Shiv Sena MLA and
had jumped bail, has been arrested here, police said on Friday.
Prakash Shankar Bagam alias Pakya, a childhood friend of
Pujari, who was wanted by the police since the last 11 years,
was nabbed yesterday, Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime)
P G Kendre said at a press conference.
The 43-year-old was initially associated with the Arun
Gawli gang, but later switched loyalty to Pujari, he said.
Bagam, who originally hails from Kolhpaur, operated from
Mumbai. He was arrested in connection with the murder of Shiv
Sena MLA Ramesh More, who was shot dead in 1994.
He jumped bail in 2000 and since then police had been
looking for him. Anti-Extortion Cell of Thane police carried
out an operation after a local businessman got a call from
Bagam demanding Rs 50 lakh from him last month, Kendre said.
The gangster was apprehended from Kapurbwadi Naka area
and several mobile phones were seized from him. He was
produced in a local court, which remanded him in police
custody till December 29, Kendre said.
Bagam was involved in half a dozen criminal cases related
to murder, attempt to murder and extortion. Two of his
associates, Ajit B Patil and Mahesh Khade, were arrested
earlier and they are now in judicial custody, the ACP said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement