Gangster Santosh Shetty chargesheeted in Maha
Mumbai: The Crime Branch Tuesday filed a chargesheet against notorious underworld don Santosh Shetty under the provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA).
"We filed the chargesheet in the special MCOCA court," a senior police official said.
According to police, a city-based businessman was called to Bangkok and was allegedly kidnapped for a ransom of Rs 15 crore by Shetty. The case was later handed over to the anti-extortion cell of the crime branch.
Shetty, who was wanted in several cases including contract killing and drug smuggling, had been arrested by Thai Police in Bangkok in August 2011 and deported to India.
Shetty formed his own gang after parting ways from Chhota Rajan in 2004 and was actively involved in extortions, kidnappings and contract killings, police said.
Shetty was earlier lodged in Nasik Jail after his conviction under the Narcotics Act for five years. However, he went to Bangkok after being released on parole.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi