Gangster`s Xmas party: Maharashtra Police orders probe
Mumbai: Nearly a week after the suspension of five policemen, including an IPS officer, for allegedly attending a Christmas eve party thrown by Chhota Rajan gang members, Mumbai police on Saturday ordered a probe into the matter seeking a detailed report.
The probe will be conducted by Deputy Police Commissioner (DCP) Milind Bharambe and a report would be submitted to Police Commissioner D Sivanandhan.
"Bharambe will conduct a preliminary inquiry into the matter and submit a detailed report," Sivanandhan told reporters.
"He (Bharambe) would look into the matter to ascertain as to who had attended the party, how many were present there and who was doing what, etc..." said the city police chief.
Sivanandhan had last week recommended suspension of Deputy Police Commissioner (Special Branch) V N Salve, Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Prakash Wani, Senior Police Inspector (Chembur) Ramesh Khakale, Assistant Police Inspector (Anti-Extortion Cell) N Kolhatkar and constable Rajendra Ghorpade.
Salve was in-charge of Intelligence gathering and providing security to VIPs while Wani was responsible for the Crime Branch`s operations in Mumbai`s eastern suburbs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway