Gangster`s Xmas party: Maharashtra Police orders probe
Mumbai: Nearly a week after the suspension of five policemen, including an IPS officer, for allegedly attending a Christmas eve party thrown by Chhota Rajan gang members, Mumbai police on Saturday ordered a probe into the matter seeking a detailed report.
The probe will be conducted by Deputy Police Commissioner (DCP) Milind Bharambe and a report would be submitted to Police Commissioner D Sivanandhan.
"Bharambe will conduct a preliminary inquiry into the matter and submit a detailed report," Sivanandhan told reporters.
"He (Bharambe) would look into the matter to ascertain as to who had attended the party, how many were present there and who was doing what, etc..." said the city police chief.
Sivanandhan had last week recommended suspension of Deputy Police Commissioner (Special Branch) V N Salve, Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Prakash Wani, Senior Police Inspector (Chembur) Ramesh Khakale, Assistant Police Inspector (Anti-Extortion Cell) N Kolhatkar and constable Rajendra Ghorpade.
Salve was in-charge of Intelligence gathering and providing security to VIPs while Wani was responsible for the Crime Branch`s operations in Mumbai`s eastern suburbs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Hiring in FY'17 may be lower: NASSCOM
- '27 saal UP behaal': Congress announces 3-day bus yatra from Delhi to Kanpur
- Pacts to maintain peace along Indo-China border must be respected: Beijing
- Police in Florida shoot black man lying on ground
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government