Gangster`s Xmas party: Maharashtra Police orders probe
Mumbai: Nearly a week after the suspension of five policemen, including an IPS officer, for allegedly attending a Christmas eve party thrown by Chhota Rajan gang members, Mumbai police on Saturday ordered a probe into the matter seeking a detailed report.
The probe will be conducted by Deputy Police Commissioner (DCP) Milind Bharambe and a report would be submitted to Police Commissioner D Sivanandhan.
"Bharambe will conduct a preliminary inquiry into the matter and submit a detailed report," Sivanandhan told reporters.
"He (Bharambe) would look into the matter to ascertain as to who had attended the party, how many were present there and who was doing what, etc..." said the city police chief.
Sivanandhan had last week recommended suspension of Deputy Police Commissioner (Special Branch) V N Salve, Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Prakash Wani, Senior Police Inspector (Chembur) Ramesh Khakale, Assistant Police Inspector (Anti-Extortion Cell) N Kolhatkar and constable Rajendra Ghorpade.
Salve was in-charge of Intelligence gathering and providing security to VIPs while Wani was responsible for the Crime Branch`s operations in Mumbai`s eastern suburbs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter