Gangster`s Xmas party: Maharashtra Police orders probe
Mumbai: Nearly a week after the suspension of five policemen, including an IPS officer, for allegedly attending a Christmas eve party thrown by Chhota Rajan gang members, Mumbai police on Saturday ordered a probe into the matter seeking a detailed report.
The probe will be conducted by Deputy Police Commissioner (DCP) Milind Bharambe and a report would be submitted to Police Commissioner D Sivanandhan.
"Bharambe will conduct a preliminary inquiry into the matter and submit a detailed report," Sivanandhan told reporters.
"He (Bharambe) would look into the matter to ascertain as to who had attended the party, how many were present there and who was doing what, etc..." said the city police chief.
Sivanandhan had last week recommended suspension of Deputy Police Commissioner (Special Branch) V N Salve, Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Prakash Wani, Senior Police Inspector (Chembur) Ramesh Khakale, Assistant Police Inspector (Anti-Extortion Cell) N Kolhatkar and constable Rajendra Ghorpade.
Salve was in-charge of Intelligence gathering and providing security to VIPs while Wani was responsible for the Crime Branch`s operations in Mumbai`s eastern suburbs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India