Garment factory worker murdered by boyfriend
Mumbai: A 19-year-old girl working in a
garment factory was found murdered in the unit allegedly by
her colleague `boyfriend` at Elphinstone area in Central
Mumbai, police said today.
Manish Govekar was strangulated to death with a rope
and a dupatta at Raj Creations garment unit in Bhagshet Chawl.
Her alleged `boyfriend` Nagendra Sahawal (22), who also
works in the same factory for over one year, is missing since
the incident, said Ashok Unde, Senior Police Inspector at
Dadar Police Station.
"Sahawal might be involved in the murder of Govekar," he
said adding manhunt for him has been launched.
According to police, workers of the factory went to the
unit this morning but it was locked from outside and Sahawal,
who stays in the unit, was missing with the keys.
The employees phoned manager Haresh Manek stating the
factory was locked. All efforts to contact Sahawal failed
after which the door was broken open when the body of
Govekar was found.
"The body was rushed to nearby civic run hospital," Unde
said. Responding to a query, he said, "After getting post
mortem report, it would be clear if the victim was sexually
abused before being killed," he said adding further probe
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days