Gas leakage in South Mumbai; mishap averted
Mumbai: A major underground leakage of CNG was on Thursday reported in Worli area of South Mumbai which was stopped timely averting a mishap, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) said.
"There was a major leakage on the main line of Mahanagar gas pipeline near a Shiv Sena office at Worli naka. Fortunately, there were no mishap," a senior MCGM official told a news agency.
The area was cordoned off by fire brigade officials and local police, as a major fire could have erupted putting the lives of people at risk, he said.
"The Mahanagar gas officials and the fire brigade team have managed to stop the gas from leaking and vehicular traffic on the stretch has resumed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug