Gas leakage in South Mumbai; mishap averted
Mumbai: A major underground leakage of CNG was on Thursday reported in Worli area of South Mumbai which was stopped timely averting a mishap, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) said.
"There was a major leakage on the main line of Mahanagar gas pipeline near a Shiv Sena office at Worli naka. Fortunately, there were no mishap," a senior MCGM official told a news agency.
The area was cordoned off by fire brigade officials and local police, as a major fire could have erupted putting the lives of people at risk, he said.
"The Mahanagar gas officials and the fire brigade team have managed to stop the gas from leaking and vehicular traffic on the stretch has resumed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy