German bakery targeted as Chabad House was protected: CM
Mumbai: German Bakery in Pune was chosen as
the terror target because Chabad House was well protected by
the state police, Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said
Replying to a debate on the motion of thanks to the
Governor`s address, Chavan said intelligence input given to
the state by Central agencies clearly mentioned that Chabad
House was the terror target.
"The state police provided adequate protection (to Chabad
House) and took security measures. Hence, terrorists shifted
their target to German Bakery situated nearby," he said.
Stating that development works worth Rs 50,000 crore were
underway in Mumbai, the Chief Minister said the first phase of
Metro from Versova to Ghatkopar will be ready by December
Similarly, the first phase of Monorail will be
functioning from June 2011.
Referring to the Opposition`s demand that the decision of
extension of Statutory development board be announced, Chavan
said the term expires on April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets