German bakery targeted as Chabad House was protected: CM
Mumbai: German Bakery in Pune was chosen as
the terror target because Chabad House was well protected by
the state police, Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said
Replying to a debate on the motion of thanks to the
Governor`s address, Chavan said intelligence input given to
the state by Central agencies clearly mentioned that Chabad
House was the terror target.
"The state police provided adequate protection (to Chabad
House) and took security measures. Hence, terrorists shifted
their target to German Bakery situated nearby," he said.
Stating that development works worth Rs 50,000 crore were
underway in Mumbai, the Chief Minister said the first phase of
Metro from Versova to Ghatkopar will be ready by December
Similarly, the first phase of Monorail will be
functioning from June 2011.
Referring to the Opposition`s demand that the decision of
extension of Statutory development board be announced, Chavan
said the term expires on April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'