German minister calls on Maharashtra Governor
Mumbai: German Minister of Economy and Technology Rainer Bruederle has expressed satisfaction over the evolution of strong business ties between Maharashtra and
Germany during the last few years.
"We invite Indian companies in Germany too. There must be a two-way traffic of business and industries between Germany and India", he added.
The Minister was speaking to Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan at Raj Bhavan yesterday. He was accompanied by a high level delegation of business leaders and
Parliamentarians from Germany.
Rainer Bruederle said he was impressed to see the spectacular growth rate achieved by India and expressed the hope that India will further strengthen its position as an
engine of growth as it becomes more integrated on the world economic stage.
Sankaranarayanan told the visiting dignitary that Maharashtra accounts for most of Germany`s investment in India. He told the Minister that apart from large companies
like Mercedez, Volkswagen and Siemens, many small and medium companies came to Maharashtra and there were even more collaborations between the companies in Maharashtra and Germany.
He said Maharashtra produces a workforce of one million people every year with varing degrees of skills to meet the requirements of industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman