Gholap`s daughter is new Sena Mayor of Nashik civic body
Nashik: After Mumbai and Thane, Shiv Sena
bagged the Mayorship of Nashik Municipal Corporation here
today and its ally BJP nominee became the Deputy Mayor.
Shiv Sena candidate Naina Gholap, daughter of Sena MLA
Babanrao Gholap was elected Mayor of the Nashik Municipal
Naina Gholap polled 50 votes, while her opponent Mayabai
Ashok Dive of Congress-NCP managed only 39 votes.
While Devayani Pharande of BJP was elected as Deputy
Mayor by defeating Congress-NCP candidate Manohar Borade.
Pharande polled 51 votes while Borade could manage 38 votes.
Interestingly, Raj Thackeray-led MNS which has 12
corporators in the 107 member house, remained neutral, thus
indirectly helped its arch rival Sena to win the prestigious
seat, NMC sources said.
Shiv Sena has a strength of 24 corporators, BJP 14,
Congress 21, NCP 17, Raj Thackeray-led MNS 12 BSP 03, RPI 02,
CPM 01, LJP 01, SP 01, PWP 01 and others 10.
Interestingly, the outgoing Mayor Vinayak Pandey, who
recently joined NCP, cast his vote in favour of Naina Gholap,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj