Girl commits suicide after failing examination
Mumbai: Apparently depressed after failing
her school examinations, a 15-year-old girl today allegedly
committed suicide at her residence in central Mumbai, police
Divya Salunki, a Class VIII student of Dadar Parsi Youths
Assembly High School, was shocked to see her examination
results after she failed by four marks in a subject, they
Divya hanged herself to a ceiling hook in her house at
Dollars colony in Wadala area, they added.
According to police, Divya and her mother Charusheela
went to the school to collect examination results when it was
found that she had failed in social sciences by four marks.
Last year, the victim had failed in the same standard.
"Her mother, who is a teacher by profession, realised
that the girl was depressed by seeing the results. She told
her daughter not to get demoralised, dropped her at their
residence in a taxi and left for her duty," said Inspector B H
Kakad at Wadala Police Station.
"Subsequently, Charulsheela told her sister-in-law to go
home and be there with her daughter. By the time, she went to
their house, the girl locked the door from inside and did not
respond despite the knocks on the door," he said.
The parents were informed about it and the door was broke
open, police said, adding the girl was found hanging.
The body was rushed to a nearby hospital for postmortem
and further probe was on regrading the matter, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list