Girl commits suicide to donate organs to father
Kalyani: Distressed by the plight of
her father in need of an urgent replacement of both eyes and her brother of kidney, a minor girl committed suicide leaving a note instructing that her organs be donated to the ailing
at Jhorpara village in Nadia district.
Mampy Sarkar (12) was often depressed seeing her father
Mridul Sarkar, a daily labourer, suffer because of his
decaying eyes and her brother Monojit ailing from a damaged
kidney, police said.
Monojit`s other kidney was also getting weak, the doctor
The Class six student had written a note which was
noticed a day after she took her life and was cremated on June
27, they said.
Tapas Tarafdar, the Pradhan of local Dhantal panchayat
said, Mampy discussed with her sister Manika her intention to
commit suicide along with her so that their organs be used to
treat their father and brother.
However, Manika dismissed the idea and went to school
leaving Mampy to take the decision to commit suicide, police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption