Girl commits suicide to donate organs to father
Kalyani: Distressed by the plight of
her father in need of an urgent replacement of both eyes and her brother of kidney, a minor girl committed suicide leaving a note instructing that her organs be donated to the ailing
at Jhorpara village in Nadia district.
Mampy Sarkar (12) was often depressed seeing her father
Mridul Sarkar, a daily labourer, suffer because of his
decaying eyes and her brother Monojit ailing from a damaged
kidney, police said.
Monojit`s other kidney was also getting weak, the doctor
The Class six student had written a note which was
noticed a day after she took her life and was cremated on June
27, they said.
Tapas Tarafdar, the Pradhan of local Dhantal panchayat
said, Mampy discussed with her sister Manika her intention to
commit suicide along with her so that their organs be used to
treat their father and brother.
However, Manika dismissed the idea and went to school
leaving Mampy to take the decision to commit suicide, police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor