Girl dies as wall collapses in Mumbai
Mumbai: A two-year-old girl died and eight others were injured after a wall collapsed on a house following heaving rains at suburban Kurla in the wee hours Thursday.
The incident occurred at 3.30 am at Qureshi Nagar when a 15 feet wall collapsed on one of the houses in Yosuf Pathan Chawl, civic officials said.
The girl Jeeshan Abeed Hussain was rushed to a hospital where she was declared dead.
The injured, two men and six women, are recuperating at the Sion hospital, the officials said.
Meanwhile, heavy rains continued to lash the city since last night.
As per the Meteorological Department, Colaba recorded 63.2 mm and Santacruz 83.3 mm of rainfall since yesterday.
Incidents of water-logging were reported from several parts of city and suburbs like Vile Parle, Andheri Subway, Hindmata and others, civic officials said.
Trains on both Western and Central lines were running late by 10 minutes, Railway officials said.
Flight operations were normal, airport officials said.
A wall had collapsed at the airport yesterday.
"A portion of the wall around the international airport collapsed at 7 am on Wednesday. As the Mithi river runs close by, we have erected temporary fencing and will undertake
reconstruction work soon," airport officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert