Girl gets run over by three buses in Mumbai
Mumbai: Listening to music through earphones while crossing the road proved fatal for a 17-year-old girl as she was run over by three buses in suburban Dadar on Monday.
Nidhi Pandey, resident of Antop Hill area, was rushed to Sion hospital where she was declared dead on arrival.
Police said the incident happened at around 10 am when she was returning from her fitness session at a gym.
She was hit by a speeding bus as she walked on the road listening to music, not noticing the vehicle. While she was lying on the ground, two other buses ran over her, police said.
A car-driver alerted the police, but nobody volunteered to take her to hospital until the police van arrived. "The golden time was wasted," said a police official.
Police have arrested Harishchanra Argade, driver of the first bus.
Pandey had recently cleared her HSC (std 12th) examination with 85 per cent marks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!