Girl gets run over by three buses in Mumbai
Mumbai: Listening to music through earphones while crossing the road proved fatal for a 17-year-old girl as she was run over by three buses in suburban Dadar on Monday.
Nidhi Pandey, resident of Antop Hill area, was rushed to Sion hospital where she was declared dead on arrival.
Police said the incident happened at around 10 am when she was returning from her fitness session at a gym.
She was hit by a speeding bus as she walked on the road listening to music, not noticing the vehicle. While she was lying on the ground, two other buses ran over her, police said.
A car-driver alerted the police, but nobody volunteered to take her to hospital until the police van arrived. "The golden time was wasted," said a police official.
Police have arrested Harishchanra Argade, driver of the first bus.
Pandey had recently cleared her HSC (std 12th) examination with 85 per cent marks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city