Girl kidnapped from Mumbai CST rescued
Mumbai: A three-year-old girl child, who was kidnapped from the platform of Mumbai’s busy Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) on the intervening night of June 10-11, was rescued from the Roadways bus station in Haridwar on Saturday.
The kidnapped child, Sangita Pawar, was found by Haridwar Police, who have informed their Mumbai counterparts. Police have detained one person in the case.
Earlier, the police rummaged through hundreds of hours of CCTV footage from over 100 cameras to put together the entire sequence of events between 1.45 am and 2.05 am that night.
The video showed a dark complexioned man wearing an off white shirt and pant walking through the platforms to Platform number 14, from where long distance trains depart.
The girl child, Sangita Pawar, and her four siblings were sleeping on the platform with their parents who work as daily wage labourers in the city. They had missed the night train to their hometown and were sleeping on the platform so as to catch the next train scheduled for early next morning.
All three were in deep sleep when the accused came and sat near them. Then in a flash, he caught hold of the sleeping child and coolly walked off with her.
Sangita’s parents lost her at one of the busiest railway stations in the country, yet not one of the thousands of persons present there realised that a child has been kidnapped before their eyes.
As per the national crime records bureau, more and more children are getting kidnapped in the country. As per the latest figures, 74 children go missing day in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Who stole the cookie? Let the canine siblings solve this mystery! - Watch video
- Galaxy of leaders to attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in; 18 new faces to become ministers
- Jose Mourinho signs Manchester United contract: Reports
- Narendra Modi government is anti-farmer, says Swaraj Abhiyan convener Yogendra Yadav
- PM Narendra Modi to flag off trains to Mizoram, Manipur including Kamakhya-Vaishno Devi Katra weekly train