Girl kidnapped from Mumbai CST rescued
Mumbai: A three-year-old girl child, who was kidnapped from the platform of Mumbai’s busy Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) on the intervening night of June 10-11, was rescued from the Roadways bus station in Haridwar on Saturday.
The kidnapped child, Sangita Pawar, was found by Haridwar Police, who have informed their Mumbai counterparts. Police have detained one person in the case.
Earlier, the police rummaged through hundreds of hours of CCTV footage from over 100 cameras to put together the entire sequence of events between 1.45 am and 2.05 am that night.
The video showed a dark complexioned man wearing an off white shirt and pant walking through the platforms to Platform number 14, from where long distance trains depart.
The girl child, Sangita Pawar, and her four siblings were sleeping on the platform with their parents who work as daily wage labourers in the city. They had missed the night train to their hometown and were sleeping on the platform so as to catch the next train scheduled for early next morning.
All three were in deep sleep when the accused came and sat near them. Then in a flash, he caught hold of the sleeping child and coolly walked off with her.
Sangita’s parents lost her at one of the busiest railway stations in the country, yet not one of the thousands of persons present there realised that a child has been kidnapped before their eyes.
As per the national crime records bureau, more and more children are getting kidnapped in the country. As per the latest figures, 74 children go missing day in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing