Girl kidnapped from Mumbai CST rescued
Mumbai: A three-year-old girl child, who was kidnapped from the platform of Mumbai’s busy Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) on the intervening night of June 10-11, was rescued from the Roadways bus station in Haridwar on Saturday.
The kidnapped child, Sangita Pawar, was found by Haridwar Police, who have informed their Mumbai counterparts. Police have detained one person in the case.
Earlier, the police rummaged through hundreds of hours of CCTV footage from over 100 cameras to put together the entire sequence of events between 1.45 am and 2.05 am that night.
The video showed a dark complexioned man wearing an off white shirt and pant walking through the platforms to Platform number 14, from where long distance trains depart.
The girl child, Sangita Pawar, and her four siblings were sleeping on the platform with their parents who work as daily wage labourers in the city. They had missed the night train to their hometown and were sleeping on the platform so as to catch the next train scheduled for early next morning.
All three were in deep sleep when the accused came and sat near them. Then in a flash, he caught hold of the sleeping child and coolly walked off with her.
Sangita’s parents lost her at one of the busiest railway stations in the country, yet not one of the thousands of persons present there realised that a child has been kidnapped before their eyes.
As per the national crime records bureau, more and more children are getting kidnapped in the country. As per the latest figures, 74 children go missing day in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in