Girl kidnapped from Mumbai CST returns home
Mumbai: In a happy reunion, the three-year-old baby girl, who was stolen from the CST railway station here last month, was on Thursday handed over to her parents by the railway magistrate court.
The court also remanded the accused, Raju, to police custody till July 18 after the police told the court that they want to trace the route by which Raju had taken the girl to Haridwar in Uttarakhand.
After the CST railway police got the remand of the accused, they produced the papers regarding handing over the custody of the child to her parents.
As soon as the child was rescued, police had called her parents, residents of Parbhani district in Maharashtra, to Mumbai.
Sangeeta is the fourth child in the family.
The parents were jubilant to get a first glimpse of the child after nearly a month.
They hugged the child at being reunited with their daughter.
The baby girl was stolen from the Chhattrapati Shivaji Terminus here on June 10 when she was sleeping with her parents and was traced in the holy town of Haridwar from where she has been rescued, police said.
On July 6, the Railway Police had released a photograph and CCTV footage to track down the culprit.
The CCTV footage showed a limping man alighting from a train and wandering around the station before spotting the family with the sleeping baby. He then sat besides her and took her away.
The girl`s parents used to clean the railway tracks. They were to board a train in the night but missed it, following which they decided to sleep at the station and catch the next train, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends