Girl killed in leopard attack
Nashik: A five-year-old girl was killed in a leopard attack in Niphad taluka here, police said on Saturday.
The girl, identified as Pallavi Balasaheb Sanap who was playing outside her house in Shivhare, was dragged by the animal last night into the nearby sugarcane field, where she was found dead this morning, they said.
Her body was later sent to Niphad sub-hospital for postmortem, police said.
The incident has caused panic among villagers, who staged a rasta-roko on Nashik-Aurangabad highway in protest against forest department officials, for failing to trap the wild cat.
Earlier, this month a one year old child -- Durgesh Gosavi -- was also killed in the same sugarcane field by a leopard.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed