Girl killed in leopard attack
Nashik: A five-year-old girl was killed in a leopard attack in Niphad taluka here, police said on Saturday.
The girl, identified as Pallavi Balasaheb Sanap who was playing outside her house in Shivhare, was dragged by the animal last night into the nearby sugarcane field, where she was found dead this morning, they said.
Her body was later sent to Niphad sub-hospital for postmortem, police said.
The incident has caused panic among villagers, who staged a rasta-roko on Nashik-Aurangabad highway in protest against forest department officials, for failing to trap the wild cat.
Earlier, this month a one year old child -- Durgesh Gosavi -- was also killed in the same sugarcane field by a leopard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown