Girl killed in leopard attack
Nashik: A five-year-old girl was killed in a leopard attack in Niphad taluka here, police said on Saturday.
The girl, identified as Pallavi Balasaheb Sanap who was playing outside her house in Shivhare, was dragged by the animal last night into the nearby sugarcane field, where she was found dead this morning, they said.
Her body was later sent to Niphad sub-hospital for postmortem, police said.
The incident has caused panic among villagers, who staged a rasta-roko on Nashik-Aurangabad highway in protest against forest department officials, for failing to trap the wild cat.
Earlier, this month a one year old child -- Durgesh Gosavi -- was also killed in the same sugarcane field by a leopard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test