Girl killed in leopard attack
Nashik: A five-year-old girl was killed in a leopard attack in Niphad taluka here, police said on Saturday.
The girl, identified as Pallavi Balasaheb Sanap who was playing outside her house in Shivhare, was dragged by the animal last night into the nearby sugarcane field, where she was found dead this morning, they said.
Her body was later sent to Niphad sub-hospital for postmortem, police said.
The incident has caused panic among villagers, who staged a rasta-roko on Nashik-Aurangabad highway in protest against forest department officials, for failing to trap the wild cat.
Earlier, this month a one year old child -- Durgesh Gosavi -- was also killed in the same sugarcane field by a leopard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation