Girl killed in leopard attack
Nashik: A five-year-old girl was killed in a leopard attack in Niphad taluka here, police said on Saturday.
The girl, identified as Pallavi Balasaheb Sanap who was playing outside her house in Shivhare, was dragged by the animal last night into the nearby sugarcane field, where she was found dead this morning, they said.
Her body was later sent to Niphad sub-hospital for postmortem, police said.
The incident has caused panic among villagers, who staged a rasta-roko on Nashik-Aurangabad highway in protest against forest department officials, for failing to trap the wild cat.
Earlier, this month a one year old child -- Durgesh Gosavi -- was also killed in the same sugarcane field by a leopard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price