Girl rescued from brothel says cop hit her & fiance
Pune: A girl, who was allegedly kidnapped and later rescued from a brothel in Dhule district last week, has complained to the city police that their counterparts in Ahmednagar had refused to register a complaint and a senior policemam had hit her and her fiance, alleging that they were trying to register a fake case.
The girl complained that Additional Superintendent of Police (SP) Sanjay Barkund had hit her and her fiance with a belt when they had gone to Ahmednagar to register a complaint on January 9.
A complaint has been filed against Barkund in this connection, police said.
"We have registered a complaint against Additional SP Sanjay Barkund in Koregaon police station in Pune and sent a report to Ahmednagar SP Sunita Salunke in this regard. The girl was admitted to Sassoon Hospital for treatment," Shivaji Kamble, senior Police Inspector of Koregaon Park police station said.
The 18-year-old girl from Uttar Pradesh was going to Shirdi temple in a four-wheeler along with her fiance living in Pune on January 3, when they had halted at Ahmednagar.
However, the girl was allegedly kidnapped by four unidentified persons, including a woman, when her fiance had gone to the washroom, police said adding the girl was allegedly taken to a prostitution den in Shirpur in Dhule district and beaten by brothel-keepers when she refused to give in to their demands.
She reportedly sought help from a brothel customer who called up her fiance and informed him about her on January 4. Her fiance contacted Pune police through local activists and the girl was finally rescued by Dhule police on January 5.
The case was to be transferred to Ahmednagar police as the kidnapping had taken place in their jurisdiction. However, the victim later complained that instead of registering the case, the senior policeman beat them up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi