Girl rescued from brothel says cop hit her & fiance
Pune: A girl, who was allegedly kidnapped and later rescued from a brothel in Dhule district last week, has complained to the city police that their counterparts in Ahmednagar had refused to register a complaint and a senior policemam had hit her and her fiance, alleging that they were trying to register a fake case.
The girl complained that Additional Superintendent of Police (SP) Sanjay Barkund had hit her and her fiance with a belt when they had gone to Ahmednagar to register a complaint on January 9.
A complaint has been filed against Barkund in this connection, police said.
"We have registered a complaint against Additional SP Sanjay Barkund in Koregaon police station in Pune and sent a report to Ahmednagar SP Sunita Salunke in this regard. The girl was admitted to Sassoon Hospital for treatment," Shivaji Kamble, senior Police Inspector of Koregaon Park police station said.
The 18-year-old girl from Uttar Pradesh was going to Shirdi temple in a four-wheeler along with her fiance living in Pune on January 3, when they had halted at Ahmednagar.
However, the girl was allegedly kidnapped by four unidentified persons, including a woman, when her fiance had gone to the washroom, police said adding the girl was allegedly taken to a prostitution den in Shirpur in Dhule district and beaten by brothel-keepers when she refused to give in to their demands.
She reportedly sought help from a brothel customer who called up her fiance and informed him about her on January 4. Her fiance contacted Pune police through local activists and the girl was finally rescued by Dhule police on January 5.
The case was to be transferred to Ahmednagar police as the kidnapping had taken place in their jurisdiction. However, the victim later complained that instead of registering the case, the senior policeman beat them up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj